Look at the crown of thorns. Feel the thorns. Touch a wooden cross. Perhaps try to bear its weight. Hold sharp metal nails. Taste the sourness of vinegar.
Remember what Jesus went through leading up to his death on the cross. The pain, the discomfort, the indignity, the shame – all born in his body. All for our sake, because there was no other way.
Let God speak to you about the seriousness and weight of sin. Imagine yourself at the cross in front of the suffering Jesus.
What would you want to say to him?
What might he say to you?
Movement 1: Crucifixion
- Suffering Station – Location: Auditorium front right
- Reading Station – Location: Hub
- Cleansing Station – Location: Entrance foyer
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium back center
- Burial Station – Location: Auditorium back left
Movement 2: Resurrection