Take some spiced hand balm to massage into your hands, take in the exotic scent. Smell the scented candles. Breathe in deep the scent of the spices that echo the scent of the spices gifted by the wise men at Jesus’ birth.
The balm and candles remind us of the spices applied to Jesus’ body in preparation for burial. These were also the spices and oils gifted to Jesus at his birth and used by the woman to anoint his feet. Jesus said that to truly follow him we must die to ourselves. Following Jesus requires deep surrender.
Is there something that God is calling you to lay down? Is there a deeper layer of surrender that God is leading you into?
Movement 1: Crucifixion
- Suffering Station – Location: Auditorium front right
- Reading Station – Location: Hub
- Cleansing Station – Location: Entrance foyer
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium back center
- Burial Station – Location: Auditorium back left
Movement 2: Resurrection