- Frankincense: Take your time to slowly wash your hands using the Wise Men themed soap. Take in the feeling of the water, the cleansing action of the soap and the fragrance left on your hands afterwards
- Myrrh: Massage the scented balm into your hands, letting the movement and warmth release the spicy fragrance as the oils soften your skin
- Gold: Take and eat a “gold” chocolate coin
When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
The baby Jesus was given gifts fit for a King. They symbolised his royalty, his Godhood, and his coming death. Later Jesus would choose to lay down his status and power in obedience and love. He did this to make a way for us to be restored to God.
- If you were a wise man, what gift would you bring Jesus? What gift can you bring Jesus now?
- The action of washing hands can represent being cleaned from sin. All of us sin. It’s something we’re all trapped in until we’re made free. Reflect on how when we choose to turn from sin and follow Jesus, we’re made clean and are freed from the power of sin.
- God’s provision can be unexpected. He has many gifts for us and wants to bless you.
- Wise Men Station – Location: Auditorium
- Glory Filled Skies Station – Location: Auditorium Stage
- Innkeeper’s Surprise Station – Location: Auditorium
- Manger Station – Location: Auditorium
- Scents Station – Location: Auditorium
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium
- Christmas Tree Station – Location: Auditorium
- Floating Candles Station – Location: Foyer
- Story Station – Location: Foyer
- Thanksgiving Station – Location: Front Entrance
- Give 1 Get 1 Blessing Station – Location: Hub
- Prayer Line Station – Location: Hub