Notice the fresh, evergreen pine being used to the purpose of holding brightly coloured baubles to celebrate Christmas.
Notice the smell of real pine.
Using one of the pens, write a single word on a bauble as a prayer for your hopes for you and your community in the year to come. Perhaps its “love”, “peace”, “blessing”, “hope”, “courage”, “light”, “fun” or something else that’s meaningful and specific to you.
Hang the decoration on the tree and make your own contribution to this display of the joy of Christmas.
The people of Israel will have nothing more to do with idols; I will answer their prayers and take care of them. Like an evergreen tree I will shelter them; I am the source of all their blessings.
What does evergreen pine tree remind us of about God and the life that’s available to us through Jesus?
As you take in all the baubles on the tree, lift up your prayers of hope for what the next year holds for us all. Put your trust in God.
The beauty of a Christmas tree is only possible with the many, many different decorations. Each one is different, unique in its own style and placement; each one is important.
Reflect on how you, in your own unique and wonderful way, add something to the community, the body of Christ (the church).
- Wise Men Station – Location: Auditorium
- Glory Filled Skies Station – Location: Auditorium Stage
- Innkeeper’s Surprise Station – Location: Auditorium
- Manger Station – Location: Auditorium
- Scents Station – Location: Auditorium
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium
- Christmas Tree Station – Location: Auditorium
- Floating Candles Station – Location: Foyer
- Story Station – Location: Foyer
- Thanksgiving Station – Location: Front Entrance
- Give 1 Get 1 Blessing Station – Location: Hub
- Prayer Line Station – Location: Hub