Light a tealight candle from the large candle.
Carefully float the lighted candle in the pool by holding it in the palm of your hand and lowering your hand into the water. Parents might want to help younger kids with this!
Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
“You are the light of the world. … let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 4: 14, 16
Lighting a candle can represent prayer. It is a physical symbol through the heat and light of the flame of our desire for God to intervene.
As you light your candle and send it out to float, pray for someone you know who doesn’t know God or who is in need of a touch from God.
We can see the sea of lighted floating candles as representing the prayers of our church for those in darkness to find the Light of the World.
- Wise Men Station – Location: Auditorium
- Glory Filled Skies Station – Location: Auditorium Stage
- Innkeeper’s Surprise Station – Location: Auditorium
- Manger Station – Location: Auditorium
- Scents Station – Location: Auditorium
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium
- Christmas Tree Station – Location: Auditorium
- Floating Candles Station – Location: Foyer
- Story Station – Location: Foyer
- Thanksgiving Station – Location: Front Entrance
- Give 1 Get 1 Blessing Station – Location: Hub
- Prayer Line Station – Location: Hub